Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day Four, Five & Six

I am sorry it has taken me so long to write again, but....
On the fourth day we were in China we did something a little different for breakfast. On our way to the subway we had a local breakfast from some street venders. They had many different versions of scallion panckaes. I had been keeping my eye out for these because I really like them at home as well adn knew they were a common breakfast food here. From the subway stop we did the march the Emporer would have done from the Forbidden City to the Temple of Heaven. We were out doing things all day and I was very excitedc to get in bed that night.

The fifth day of our trip was the Great Wall. Tbus ride was about 3 hours and parts of the road were very windy. I got a little car sick, and lucky the windows slid open because I had to throw up out the window. We started at the 4th tour and ended at the 30th tour. Everyone hiked at their own pace and I did most of the hike with Stan, as he was nice enough to wait for me when I needed a break. There were old ladies trying to sell things to tourists at every point on teh Great Wall. The wall would go very steep down and then we would have to hike even steeper up. There were SO many stairs! But I did it and I am glad I had teh opportunity to do it. Even though we were very tired when we got back a few of us decided to explore a bar district for a night out in Beijing. We found a great bar witha very funny band and it was lots of fun.

The sixth day was travel day, we took the train to Jinan in the Shandong Province. We were greated by a few students and administrators from the school and they even had a big banner to take our picture with. After getting to the old campus of the Shandong School of Art and Design, which is where we are staying, we had a hug feast with the VP and a few faculty from the school at a restaraunt down the street. The food seemed to never end. We sat at the largest round table I've ever seen and more and moer plates kept being out in front of us. Some of the dishes I didn't even dare to try but there were plenty that were deliciouse.

I am sorry I haven't posted any pictures, there is no wireless network on the campus so I have no way of uploading my pictures to the internet but hopefully soon I will post again soon!

No comments: